Happy Holidays everyone!
This can be one of the best times of the year or the most stressful. But have no fear I’m here to make things a bit easier. I want to share with everyone my favorite holiday appetizer to bring to parties. Not only is this recipe super easy but it is also a crowd pleaser! You can also use this for Super Bowl parties come February. Win Win!
Below is the link to the recipe that I started with and then I’ve provided some pictures and my personal comments to help you through the process. Enjoy!
*Original Recipe: Sausage Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 lb. ground sausage (hot adds flavor) precook and drain
- 8 oz. cream cheese, soften before using
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, shredded
- (you can do all parmesan or all cheddar if you like)
- 12 jalapenos
- Cut the jalapenos lengthwise and remove the seeds. I recommend wearing gloves and covering your nose and mouth while doing this. Those jalapenos are HOT!
- Combine your cooked sausage, soften cream cheese, and cheeses in a bowl.
- Once combined spoon the mixture into your jalapeno halves.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes. You want the jalapenos to be slightly soft and the cheeses to be brown and bubbly. Then Enjoy!
Happy holidays everyone. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my friends and family do. Feel free to experiment with different cheeses. And remember calories don’t count on holidays! 🙂